Research Computing Examples
- High Throughput Computing (HTC)
- Large amounts of comp. power over a "long" time:
- Running long jobs!
- Running the same experiment many (1000s) times, with different inputs.
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Large amounts of comp. power over a "short" time:
- many CPUs simultaneously to run complex models quicker.
- Many compute-nodes' RAM simultaneously to handle very big jobs.
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Getting the information out of the vast quantities of data.