Point and Local Examples
- Stoller Biomarker Discover Centre: used for validation of clinical
trials — need fixed and/or fully-audited environment.
- Core Technology Facility: multiple research groups wish to
use RDS — network links far too slow.
- HeRC: data safe haven for clinical data; compute, storage and
VMs; — no suitable central solution available.
- Fac BMH Core Facilities: generating 9 TB per day; 1 PB on local,
cheap-n-cheerful NAS; — campus network far too slow; RDS too
- Triangulum: vendor-designed platform (multiple servers and VMs);
researchers and VM have admin access — no suitable central/shared
Challenges and Opportunities
Point and Local Infrastructure
LTS, RDM and RDA