Background: Tier 2/Regional
Regional/Tier 2 Compute Platform Developments
- N8-HPC: True HPC machine — 5000 cores
- Approaching EOL
- Refresh (to EPSRC) failed — option for N8
institutions to fund new platform being developed. . .
- Tier-2/Regional successes:
- Cambridge: KNL; Oxford: GPUs; Bristol: ARM
- EPCC, HPC Midlands: x86
- UCL: Materials (x86)
- TMG aiming to devel. N8-wide support community (RSEs, sysadmins)
- N8 access to above Tier-2 clusters — part of each available
to all UK HE researchers. . . tiny!