Save your certificate to a file for backup and processing
Assume Firefox v2:
- choose Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Encryption tab;
- click View Certificates to obtain the Certificate Manager.
Within the Certificate Manager:
- Select the certificate to save (eScienceCA / joe bloggs).
- Click Backup; pop-up: enter a path and filename.
- e.g., eSciCA.cert.
- Suffix .p12 added (PKCS12 format): eSciCA.cert.p12.
- Pop-up: Master Password entered earlier.
- Pop-up: password to protect the "backup" file. . .
- Pop-up: successfully backed up. . . certificate(s). . . .